Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break at Munds Park







Our wonderful friends the Taylor's that let us come up and crash at their cabin.



Gage coming down the treacherous hill sporting a purple jacket.


Caden enjoying the snow he would of stayed out all day. The only thing that brought him in was the fact his toes were completely frozen.


Cole and Brock "partners in crime"

Brock conquering the sledding hills.
This year I was able to take the kids up to the snow for a couple of days. Chris had to stay home since he was gone on a work trip to Tuscon. All the kids could talk about was all the fun they were going to have in the snow. I was getting pretty worried since on the way up I couldn't see any signs of snow. I kept telling the boys to not get too upset if there wasn't a lot of snow. But then about 20 min before our turn off there was snow everywhere. It was crazy!! The kids had a blast jumping into the snow banks and going sledding.



We also had an incredible inspiring incident happen at the cabin as well. It was definitely scary but the outcome and inspiration that followed was awesome. The story involves My girlfriend Dawns little girl Brenna and my little boy Caden. Dawn wrote the story on her blog and I took it from her since she described it very well.







This was taken several days after Brenna's Hanging!
Brenna came into the cabin with a dark red noose mark around her neck with a bewildered look on her face.
"AHH"
"Brenna what happened!"
Tears came and then a story none of us will soon forget, thank heavens it was not Brenna turn to go "home!"
"Mom I was jumping off the snow bank onto the porch and my Hoodie hooked onto the bird feeder hook and I was hanging there. Caden (age eight) came running across the snow yelling at me to unzip my jacket! My arms were stuck to and then I wiggled out."



The small hook that caused all the problems for poor Brenna.
Brenna's hero!! He later asked if he would receive a life saving merit badge for this one....



Me and Chris asked Caden later how he knew what to do and he just said I don't know mom I just new. What a lesson that at the young age of 8 that the spirit told him what to do and he acted. I couldn't be more proud of you Caden and yes you definitely earned a Life Saving Merit Badge in my book.

1 comment:

taylortots said...

He reallly does deserve that Merrit badge!! Forever grateful Caden!~