Thursday, February 19, 2009

Don't Laugh She's Self Conscious Already!!





Last week I took my dog down to the humane society to get spayed. I didn't want to pay the steep vet price so I decided to take her to the human society. Hey they do this all day I figured they should really know what they are doing!! Well even though you make an appointment that just guarantees you will get your dog spayed that doesn't get you in any earlier by any means. My appointment was to show up between 7am - 7:30am which meant I had to leave my house by 6:30am. So anyways I make it down their I arrange for Chris to go to work late so he can get the boys off to school. When I arrived there I got in line a line that was about 30 people long all with dogs and cats everywhere! So I'm waiting in line for about an hour and a half and a man standing by me says that there must be a dog in heat since there was proof of this on the ground. I immediately replied its not my dog she's never been in heat. Well after that I notice that the drops on the ground were very fresh and right by us. Naturally I shake this off and proceed to the front to hand in my paper work. Then I notice more drops by us and this time I start panicking I've never had a dog that's been in heat before what do I do. So I ask the lady at the front desk if my dog is in heat will you still spay her she replied no and instructed me to pick up some "Doggy Diapers" from Petsmart. What luck I tell you to have your dog start her heat cycle while standing in line to be spayed. Secretively she must of new what was coming and thought this was her only way out. Little did she know the emotional trauma she would be put through having to wear diapers. She's such a good dog that even though you know she hates them she wears them and doesn't even try to rip them off. Not sure how long this is going to last but so far I am on my second package of diapers at $15. a pop. Hopefully we will be done really soon. Because I can afford many more diapers, and Esme is tied of being put through all this humiliation :)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

LOL, She is a smart dog! That is such a funny story. I didn't even know they had those diapers for dogs.

Tiffany said...

Hahahahaha!! I'm laughing my head off picturing this! Hey, give it time, maybe the two of you will end up on the same cycle!!:)

Sokim said...

I was totally thinking the same thing luckly dogs only go into heat 2 times a year. Hopefully she will be fixed by the next one!!

jeni said...

Too funny. Two times a year would be nice, wouldn't it. :)

Hezstone said...

LOL..that is so hilarious..I am loving your posts. ALL of them. Miss you much, we HAVE to do lunch or something soon!