
I was on my girlfriends blog the other day (Heather Love Ya!) and she had expressed her views of adoption as apposed to abortion. My friend has been going through the adoption process in hopes of becoming a parent to another child and she inspired me to tell my story. When I was 18 years old right after High School Graduation I found out I was pregnant. My life at that time was headed in a downward spiral and I didn't know what I was going to do. During my pregnancy I grew more and more attached to my baby and wanted to give him life. Not just any life but a better life than I was able to give him at that time. This pregnancy changed my life forever in more ways than I can possible share. I had a chance to save this baby and in that same choice my baby saved my life as well. The choice I made was more difficult than I can express and was followed by many tears and loneliness but it was a choice that I would make again in a heartbeat. It was a choice that I can live with knowing that I made for my baby and he now has a chance to be here on this earth. I can't even imagine not knowing that he's not out there right now with a mom and dad who love him. Since that pregnancy my life has completely changed I started going back to church, received my patriotical blessing, and married a wonderful guy who took me through the temple. Years later after that happened I was sitting in Relief Society and over heard some mothers talking about how awful it would be if one of there daughters where to get pregnant. To that I sat and thought that yes it would be sad but my pregnacy saved my life and I will forever be grateful for it. For all those mothers out there waiting for your child I hope and pray you will find them. And for all those young girls that think you don't have any alternatives I hope you consider adoption before you think about any other choice you have. I still keep in contact with the adopting parents and get yearly updates and letters from them. I was even treated to a special birthday card this year that was hand written in from my wonderful son. I can't even describe the emotions I felt as I read what he had written my in this card. It further testifies to me I made the right choice and I am so grateful for the friend who approach my mom when she found out I was pregnant and told her about the friends she had that were looking for adoption.




4 comments:
WOW! Sarah, that is a beautiful testimony of the blessings and challenges of adoption. Thanks for sharing. Love ya TONS!
Being an adoptive parent, I am so glad that there are people like you out there willing to put the child's needs first. Thank you!
-g
Sarah, that is such a wonderful story. Thanks for having the courage to share it. You are amazing!!!
Sarah your story is so touching! Girl you rock! That would have been so challenging to go through but it is so wonderful that so many years later you can still count your decision as a amazing blessing!
Post a Comment