Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trunk or Treat

I know I'm late but I've been caught up with all the election stuff lately. The Tuesday before Halloween our ward had their annual Trunk or Treat at the church. The kids had a blast eating hot dogs, drinking soda, and of course getting gobs of candy. Gage didn't want to dress up this year because he thought he was too old. I told him that adults still dress up because they enjoy it and have fun. He then asked if it was so fun why wasn't I dressed up. Well I should of seen that one coming just then Kristi aka (mini me). Inside joke she is the girl that lives with me that others think we look a like. Chris dubbed her mini me because he sometimes mistakes her for me. Anyway she tole me I could use her costume that she had just worn to another Halloween party. Note to anyone that borrowing shoes from a 22 year old not a good idea. She gave me the cape, shirt, and then handed me 4in. heels to wear. I'm just lucky I didn't kill myself trying to wear them outside. So I rushed to get dressed so Gage would see that anyone can dress up and he needs to have fun while he's still young. After we got there I was so happy to see all his friends were dressed up as well. Why not have fun and dress up while your young they grow up too fast I think. This year we were lucky enough to have our lovely neighbor Amy come with us and her adorable son Will. Will wasn't feeling well that night so they had to leave early but hopefully I will be able to introduce more of you to her on another church activity.All day before the trunk or treat I decided to carve pumpkins. I have to say I thought they turned out great probably my best ever. I took me like all day to shade the upper lip!!!

Brock (the power ranger) Cole (The Rocker) and Friend Kelan Caden the vampire on the right and his good friend Bregan on the left.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Cool pumpkins and costumes, spooky.