Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gone but not forgotten


My Grandpa on my dads side passed away on November 24, 2008. This past year seems to of hit us pretty hard with loved ones passing away. We are really going to miss Grandpa Watkins but will have lots of memories that will last forever. My Grandma was asked by the preacher conducting the service to sum up my Grandfathers life and after much though she came up with "Loyal". I thought that was really awesome that is what I would like to be remembered as Loyal. And that's what he was loyal to his family, friends, co-workers, anyone he knew. My grandpa and grandma we married 50 years and she told us she just lost her best friend. I can't imagine losing someone you have been with for so long. He's in a better place right now but he with be missed a lot by us down here. I love you grandpa and can't wait for our next meeting together! I was able to go to California for a week and attend the funeral services. My grandma postponed the funeral due to the Thanksgiving holiday until Dec. 16. While I was in California I was able to see my mom and dad and my younger sister. Another treat was seeing cousins I was able to see my cousin Bobby who I hadn't seen in about 15 years his name is Bobby. He was my protector growing up when me and my older sister would spend the summers in California. My older sister and his older sister my cousin Mickey would team up and torcher me. So Bobby always made it even and kept me entertained playing video games. It was so good to see him again I wish it was under better circumstances but I was still very glad to see him.

No comments: