Well last night was the annual pinewood derby event for the cub scouts or should I say "my husband" in our case! Don't let me get you wrong Cole helped with the color scheme and watching the paint dry. Chris did show him how to paint so I will give him that. For all you parents out there shaking your heads trust me if you look at our track record Chris's extra help itsn't giving us an unfair advantage!! Although I have to admit he does an excellent job at painting. Next year I told Chris it was up to Cole to paint he could supervise. I believe it is time to start an annual Pinewood Derby for the dads that need to relive their cub scout glory days. If they had something a car of their own to build I believe it would help!! I do want to give a big Thank You to grandpa Mikos who cuts out the most gorgeous cars.
This year he even bought extras to place on top of the car (of course to make it look better.) By no means did this make our car run faster. Toward the end of the races Cole decided to race backwards. It actually went a little faster this way (who new). We all have to congratulate Caleb Fisher for the fastest car there "way to go Caleb your car rocks." Another shout out to Eithan Tubbs your car was awesome I loved it!! Congratulations Cub Scouts for another fabulous year of Pinewood Derby action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That is a sweet car. Good job Chris. I mean Cole! Mike
It is quite funny how those kids can make those little pieces of wood into masterpieces. When we did ours you'd think a 40 year old man who works in a furniture shop did ours!! I don't even know if "our" car had one finger print from our kids!! Good job guys!!
Post a Comment